Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where to Start - Part 3

Here's another good fishing related story for you. My dad bought himself a new fishing pole. He was so happy, he loved this new fishing pole. When my mom sees him walk in the house with this new pole, even though she doesn't really care, she has to give him a hard time, she starts..."A new fishing pole, just what you need, you have 20 of them in the back room!!!" My dad explains, this is a "special" fishing pole, its 6 feet long, its unbreakable, none of his other fishing poles are like this one. My mom is not interested in this conversation, she leaves the room, she is getting dressed for a wedding they have to attend. My dad follows her with his 6 foot fishing pole. As my mom is bending over to get stuff she feels something poking her butt....yup...its the tip of the 6ft long fishing pole. "GENE...get out of here....get that pole away from me, you asshole!!!" Dad just laughs. He continues to poke her in the most inappropriate places..."GENE ...stop it...I'm gonna break that pole"....Still poking..my dad says "you can't break this pole, this pole is unbreakable" (poke... poke), with that my mom turns around, grabs the tip of the fishing pole , gives it a good twist and the top of the pole snaps off. Now, I wasn't there, but my mom said the look of shock on my dads face was priceless. Mom handed the tip of the pole back to my dad...."So much for being unbreakable, that's what you get for poking me, you SOMMANAH bitch". Dad exchanged the broken pole for a new, 6 foot long, unbreakable pole the next day, this time there was no poking going on.

3 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion! Interview everyone that has had contact with your parents. Everyone's perspective is different and also hilarious!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...thats a great idea Sue, I would love to hear your funniest experience with my parents....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I haven't laughed so much in a long time, I can see your mom and dad in the kitchen teasing each other. Such good memories, miss those coffee clutches that our moms would let us sit in on. That's how I learned to like coffee just so I could sit and listen to all their stories.

    ReplyDelete