Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where to start -part 2


So we were on the topic of fishing. My dad is the best fisherman ever. He taught me everything I know and now I am the best fisherwoman ever! I go fishing with my dad every summer when we take our annual vacation to Lake Flower in the Adirondacks. Being in the little boat with him is quite an adventure. I will be sitting there, my line in the water, enjoying the view of the mountains, the fresh air, the peace, and he breaks into song ..."Wellllllllll theres 30 naked women running up and down the hall...." this is one of his favorite songs. Thankfully, that is the only verse I know, not thankfully I think its the only verse he knows too and he sings it over and over again. I love him. He is adorable.
He usually catches more fish than me. Most the time he just slides the fish back into the water, but sometimes he will make them do backflips off the motor. He becomes an Olympic judge and yells out the fish's score."Eight...hmmmm...not bad".
Fishing is probably his favorite hobby, the only problem is, he is a little sloppy at it. By sloppy I mean, he doesn't quite pay attention all the little details that come with fishing. Let's start with bait. His favorite bait is usually plastic worms, but sometimes he goes for the live stuff. I remember the time he was using mousies. Mousies are like little gross maggots. He brought some home in a little plastic case and put them in my moms refridgerator. Somehow those little suckers escaped. Mom found them. In her fridge....all over her food. You DO NOT want to mess with an Italian womans fridge or food. The swear words were coming out in one big long stream..."That SOMMANAH BITCHIN BASTARD ASSHOLE, I'm gonna kill him!!!" Her head was inside the fridge, she was scrubbing with bleach, the garbage can was next to her full of everything that used to be in the fridge. My dad just stands there looking all innocent, "I don't know how they got out".

Just last year, dad and mom were in MN to visit my sister Cheryl. Dad was driving Cheryl's BMW to go fishing. This time his bait of choice was minnos. He filled a bucket with pond water and dumped the minnos in. He put the big bucket on the back seat of the BMW. Somehow the big bucket tipped over. Minnos were flip-flopping all over Cheryls car. When dad got to her house, he "cleaned" her car out. He saved what minnos he could, (after all they are six cents a piece). He swore he took care of the problem, there were no minnos left in the car everything was back to normal. It was perfect. Well, all you had to do was open the car door, you could smell everything was not perfect. Cheryl knew she had to clean it herself. She got out her garden hose and flooded the backseat of her car. To her surpise she saw bits of minnos rising from the little slot by the drivers seat. You know, that lever you slide to move the seat up, in that slot were ground up bits of minno. She noticed dead minnos inside her heat vents. Although she tried to flood them out with water, they remained trapped. Cheryl using her VP, Master Degree brain..gets a stick and puts duct tape on the end of it. She shoves the stick in the vent, maneuvers it around until a she catches a dead minno on the tape, she slowly and carefully pulls the minno out of the vent. She caught 3 minnos that day from her vent. I know my dad is proud of her, first for using duct tape, and second fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment